- A fire, inferno, conflagration; heat; torch.
- (heat of) passion, vehemence
:package: Package that extends and wraps some functions from Ignition’s Scripting API.
For more information, please refer to the Wiki.
This repository consists of the following branches:
This branch will contain the source code for incendium’s scripting functions.
This branch will contain the project folder structure as stored under
$IGNITION_DIR/data/projects, and gives you the ability to get the latest code by cloning at the
Before you begin, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You have installed Python 2.7.18 (download here)
- You are familiar with Ignition 8.1 System Functions
Installation and usage
To use incendium, you may install it by doing any of the following.
The preferred method is to install it by running
pip. It requires Python 2.7.18.
python2 -m pip install incendium
This will install it as package to your Python installation, which will allow you to call
incendium’s Scripting functions from Python’s REPL, and get code completion using an IDE (Pycharm or Visual Studio Code).
$ python2 Python 2.7.18 (default, Nov 9 2020, 16:23:15) [GCC Apple LLVM 12.0.0 (clang-1184.108.40.206)] on darwin Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> from __future__ import print_function >>> import incendium.vision.gui >>> print(incendium.vision.gui.__doc__) GUI module. >>> incendium.vision.gui.warning("This one is a warning") This one is a warning es_MX False Warning es_MX False None This one is a warning Warning 2 None
And to uninstall:
python2 -m pip uninstall incendium
Downloading from releases
You may also download the code targeted to your desired version from the releases page and add it as a dependency to your scripting project.
Using as a dependency in PyCharm
incendium as a dependency in PyCharm, you will need to attach it to your project.
- Clone the repo or download from releases
- With your project open where you want to include
ignition-api, navigate to
File > Openand select the
- Under the
incendiumproject folder, right-click on the
src/folder and choose
Mark Directory as > Sources Root
Installing incendium as a Project on your Gateway
To install incendium on your Gateway follow these steps:
- Download incendium.x.x.x.zip from the latest release or from Ignition Exchange
- Browse to your Ignition Gateway (version 8.0+)
- Go to Config > Projects and click on Import project…
- Click on Choose File and select the downloaded ZIP file
- Enter incendium as the Project Name
- If you’re replacing a previous version, make sure to check Allow Overwrite
- Click on Import
Alternatively you could follow the instructions for cloning the
project branch directly into
$IGNITION_DIR/data/projects found here.
Contributing to incendium
To contribute to incendium, follow these steps:
- Fork this repository
- Create a local copy on your machine
- Create a branch
- Make sure to run
pre-commit installto install required pre-commit hooks
- Make your changes and commit them
- Push to the
- Create the pull request
Alternatively see the GitHub documentation on creating a pull request.
Feel free to post your questions and/or ideas at Discussions.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project.
Up-to-date list of contributors can be found here.
See the LICENSE.
Code of conduct
This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct.